Published on 24th May 2016 | by Tim
Realmac Software Releases RapidWeaver 7 for Mac
Realmac Software has today released RapidWeaver 7 for the Mac, an app that allows you to create a website without any technical know-how. RapidWeaver has been around for 12 years and has been constantly improving with new features and an active third-party community.
RapidWeaver can be used by anyone to create a great looking website such as a blog, portfolio, a business site or even an online store. Everything is theme based so you can have your site up and running in no time and no coding knowledge is needed. There are also over 1000 add-ons create by third-parties that can be used to bring additional features and functionality to your website.
The latest version has been in development for over a year and brings a host of new features and enhancements. Some of the new features include:
- Overhauled FTP Engine Super fast, super reliable FTP Engine (No, really it is this time!)
- FTP Path Browser: You can now visually browse your FTP server to pick a location to publish too!
- Built-in Web Server: Allows you to preview your entire site locally in a browser without having to export it
- SEO Health Check: RapidWeaver will analyse your site and will highlight steps you can take to improve SEO.
- Banner Images: In themes that support this new feature, you can now add a custom banner image to your site, and customise it on each page. Themes that support this feature also include optimal image dimensions to help you size images.
- 4 Responsive New Themes: Designed by Realmac, Elixir Graphics, MultiThemes, and Yuzool!
- New, modern OS X sidebar: with translucency, that shows all your pages, resources and settings in one location.
- Portable Documents: You can now choose to store resources inside your RapidWeaver document, enabling you to take the project between multiple Macs.
- Multiple Publishing Locations: If you need to publish projects to multiple locations, you can set these up in your project, and choose the server when publishing. RapidWeaver’s smart publishing will also keep track of changes across multiple publishing locations.
- Local Publishing: The “Export” feature is something we’ve always felt should be considered a way of publishing your site, and now it is!
- Project Backup: RapidWeaver can optionally create a ZIP file of your project, and upload it to your server when publishing. The file is added to a “secret” location on your server, meaning that while it is downloadable by anyone who knows the cryptic web address, it’s tricky to guess that web address.
- User-selectable Addons Folder: need to save your addons in a custom location? RapidWeaver 7 allows you to do this, and will move your addons for you! Great if you’re working between machines.
Alongside all these new features are plenty of other enhancements and fixes, you can check out the RapidWeaver website for more details.
RapidWeaver 7 is priced at $99, existing users can upgrade for $59 directly from the Realmac Software Online Store. A free trial is available from the RapidWeaver website if you want to try before you buy.
Website: Realmac Software